Oh dear - she is gone....off to advanced training in Oceanside CA. We just got home tonight from taking our darling girl off to "college". Picked her up from the kennel in Santa Fe on Tuesday morning and dropped Levi off to stay there while we were gone. Reily was so glad to see us and we to see her. And off we headed. Got as far as Williams AZ on Tuesday night. She was a great traveler...slept most of the way...I'm sure she was confused as to what was happening but she seemed to adapt. That night we went out to dinner and took her along. First time I had been asked to show "ID" - but my CCI ID card did the trick. The waiter removed one of the chair at our table so she'd have more room to "under". Even though we had wonderful steaks for dinner, she never begged or even seemed to notice. Just slept under the table. And I managed to get her to "hurry" before going to bed. Next morning we headed out in the snow and freezing fog towards CA. And thru the snow and rain in CA. What a mess. But we really didn't have any problems and were glad to get to Oceanside early afternoon. The La Quinta hotel was wonderful - hospitable to the dogs and us. Joanie and Denny and Genise arrived a couple hours after we did and the 6 of us walked across the street to a diner. Dogs were great...stayed under the table the whole time. Now this pattern was to repeat itself all week. yeah girls! Took the campus tour on Thursday with pups and again, no problems. what a gorgeous place they have to live and learn. The kennels are spotless and the staff is great. I felt much better about leaving my girl after being on the tour and meeting the staff. Afterwards we waited till Judy and Michael and Brad arrived with Ojai and Cayenne. Dogs had a ball! We broke the rules and left them at the hotel while we went out to dinner...well, I guess Genise went with us....again, a perfect lady.Friday was sunny, warm and not as hard as I had thought it would be. The matriculation/graduation ceremony was moving and fun and joyous with tears though....and having to drive back to campus and give up our girl was tough. And like Stu told us on Thursday, she did not turn around and wave goodbye! Just went with the staff person off to her new life. I felt better knowing that she was rooming with Cayenne. :) So that was it..... I get teary-eyed writing about it - we do miss her so much. But I know she is in a wonder place and getting great care and will learn so much. But there is a hole in my heart that will never be filled. I so want her to graduate and help someone!! That is my prayer...actually praying for all the pups....especially our NM Fab Four!
Gene and I headed back east that afternoon, stopping in Blythe CA for the night - and got home tonight with Levi. Good to be home but something is missing....will update this blog when we have news of our girl. Love ya Reily!!
No comments:
Post a Comment