December 10, 2010

More Adventures in NM

Cradling with my Uncle David
Well, it's been a few days since I have felt like writing in this blog. Reily is doing fine....me -- not so good. Well, I'm getting better but for awhile we were worried. On Thanksgiving night, I had to go to the ER room at the hospital and then was taken by ambulance to Santa Fe - had three stents put in my heart and also found out the family diabetes curse has found me. I'm doing much better and will get to go back to work on Monday. In the meantime, I'm afraid some of Reily's training has been on the back burner, so to speak.

I spent 5 days in the hospital being poked and prodded and getting no sleep, well, not much. In the meantime, Judy came and picked up Reily and kept her for a week. Reily and Ojai and Tanya had a ball, from all reports. I will say she came home nice and tired and slept a lot for the first couple of days. It's so nice to have a CCI puppy sitter nearby and willing to have three dogs in her house.

Reily's eye is still bothering her so we had to go and see the specialist in Santa Fe on Tuesday and he's recommending putting sutures in the eyelid to see if that will fix the entropian.  Just waiting for the go-ahead from CCI. Meanwhile, we're having "fun" washing her eye out and putting antibiotic ointment in.  How she can keep that eye so tightly closed, I still haven't figured out.

Otherwise we've had a good time...she is allowing me to put her Gentle Leader on with not much trouble...still wants to try to get it off but with a little encouragement (i.s. treats) she will leave it alone. She's also stopped the nipping for the most part.  And she now weighs (as of Monday) 36.5 lbs. It's easy to forget that she's only 5 months old (tomorrow). Such curiosity... it's fun to see her learning things and exploring.....such a sweet spirit and exuberance. Oops, looks like dinner time is here and I'm being called to serve her once again.

1 comment:

  1. This o-so-cute "cradling with Unc David" shot reminds me how much I have yet to learn about GIRL doggy parts!
    ~Summer's mom

    ReplyDelete