April 10, 2011

Helping Mom Quilt

Levi and Oreily helping Mom quilt
Hi fans - my mom told me I could write in her (my) blog tonight...she's watching Cupcake Wars which I don't quite understand. We did watch baseball today and I liked that but my teams lost (well, I don't have any teams but Mom makes me watch her teams - the Mariners and the Twins - she hates the Yankees). Anyway, so I have the computer now while she watches those bakers make 1,000 cupcakes for some reason or other.

My dad has been gone for a week now....he drove to Minnesota to go to a convention in Rochester and visit my "relatives" there and in Mankato. I've never been to MN but maybe they'll take me this summer when they go "up north to the lake".....not sure what that means but I guess there is water and fishing involved. So while dad has been gone Levi and I have been keeping Mom company. We try to get her outside as many times a day as possible and also help her with her quilting. The picture shows us helping.

She's making a quilt for "Heart" - one of my puppy friends from Albuquerque. I like it and tried to help design it by leaving my fur on it as often as possible. Then Mom rolled some sticky tape over the quilt to remove my contribution.  Humph......Heart needs to know that I was part of this effort.

I guess Heart will be a year old on April 12th - she's already been to chastity camp and I'm waiting to go...one of these days I'll be ready...maybe my sister, Ojai, will go at the same time. Ojai is coming to stay with us for two weeks while Auntie Judy and Uncle Michael are on vacation. Boy will we have a good time...I can't wait....I love Levi (my house partner) but it's so special to have my sister visit and stay with me. One thing we love is confusing our moms...they can't tell us apart ....so we can get into trouble and by the time they figure out who made the mess, we've changed places many times. It's funny.....two weeks of running and playing and having fun. !!

So, I better go now...Cupcake Wars are nearly over, and I need to take a nap....maybe several hours of nap time....Dad will be home tomorrow and I can't wait.....it'll be nice for all four of us to be together again.

Oh, congrats Cadence!! She graduated on Friday as a hearing dog and went home with her new person. Mom cried while she was reading Auntie Karen's story of the day.  I hope I can make Mom and Dad proud some day like Cadence has done. Hang onto your Kleenex - I'm going to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment