November 8, 2010

4 Months Old - Nearly

Ojai, Tanya, Oreily watching Judy
This is Linda writing this time..her highness is napping...YEAH!! And so is the house dog....if dogs could cheer, he'd be cheering too! Good old Levi is a Westie that needs to be groomed so his hair is a little on the long side right now. And that is so much easier for a puppy to grab with her sharp little puppy teeth. I'm continually amazed at how patient Levi is with Reily. He also is teaching her things...like "down" means put your butt and everything else down and you'll get a Charlee Bear treat. And it worked...I had both of them following the command at the same time. Actually Reily is good with "down" even without a treat. "Kennel" is a no-brainer, thank heavens, and "sit" is good too. Still working on the "stay" part of stuff.

She is still having some problem with one eye and we've got an appt with a doggie opthamologist (think $$$$$) on Dec 3rd. Yup that's the soonest we could get her in. Am really hoping that the eye will just clear up before then and we can cancel. In the meantime, it doesn't bother her all the time and I watch to make sure she's not scratching it.

Last Saturday I had to go to Albuquerque to take Gene to the airport and left Miss R with Judy and Ojai and Tanya all day. Oh did they have fun - she was so tired she fell asleep in the car before we backed out of the driveway. And she pretty much came home, gave Levi a cursory once-over and went off to her kennel. It was a wonderful evening. So now I am here with the dogs whilst my dear husband spends two weeks in Italy . I'm hoping to get some really good training time in while he's gone.

We're expecting the weather to cool down quite a bit this week and may get some rain. oh joy! wet dog smell....

Reily is a beauty and we can see changes in her...of course, she's grown like the proverbial weed but she is also mellowed just a tad..if you look closely...sometimes...well, not all the time!!!  Hey, she's just 4-months old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment